Questions about our services
Hurricane shutters are engineered products that are designed to limit damage to building openings (windows and doors) that may be caused by high winds and flying debris. They may be permanently attached to your home or removable.
The best reason to purchase hurricane shutters is to protect your loved ones. Having the openings in your home covered by shutters significantly reduces your risk of injury during a storm. It is also great protection for your house itself and the contents inside. A great deal of hurricane-related damage results from the failure of windows and doors. These failures frequently lead to interior wall and roof failures.
First, make sure the company is licensed to install hurricane shutters. You should also check the company’s status at the Better Business Bureau. If you still don’t feel comfortable, get online and check the company’s references.
No. Leaving any openings unprotected during a storm will leave your home very vulnerable. If any opening implodes during a storm (from pressure or debris) it will cause an extreme pressure change inside your house. This pressure will enter the house and the suction will try to remove your roof.
- Don’t leave your shutters open all year without maintenance only to find that when a hurricane or tropical storm is bearing down on you, the protection you spent good money on could be malfunctioning.
- If you allow Lowcountry Hurricane Protection & Shutters to maintain your shutters correctly, it will not only make them easier for you to close in the lock position, but it will also significantly extend their life, saving you the cost of having to replace them.
- On our first trip, we will come out and do a complete inspection of all of the shutters on your property, telling you the condition, type, approximate age and wind code speed your shutters were installed to protect against.
- Lowcountry Hurricane Protection & Shutters specializes in repairing and maintaining all types and styles of hurricane shutters. Roll down shutters and accordions specifically operate on wheels, bearings and other moving components that must be serviced, if not used regularly. Regardless of the manufacturer or age of shutter, we will promise to make it function right the first time.
- Let our highly qualified technicians help to keep your shutters’ performance at their best. With every service, you will receive an accurate estimate for your repairs and an explanation detailing why the repair is needed. Also ask about our annual or bi-annual service contracts. We will continue to keep your shutters operating their best year after year.
- A deposit of 50 percent of job total will be required upon signing of contract.
- The homeowner must be present at time of job completion in order to receive their free homeowner training.
- The Lowcountry Hurricane Protection & Shutters representative who sold the job will verify you, the customer is 100 percent satisfied
- Total payment must be received within five days of completion.
- There will be late charge of five percent of the total contract amount for every week payment has not been received.
- Lowcountry Hurricane Protection & Shutters will deliver, install and provide any necessary hardware required for installation and operation.
- All applications will be determined by Lowcountry Hurricane Protection & Shutters representative.
- All changes to the original contract that involve an increase or decrease in price will be shown on an updated contract that must be signed by a Lowcountry Hurricane Protection & Shutters representative as well as the customer.
- Lead-time is strictly estimated.
- Lowcountry Hurricane Protection & Shutters offers a lifetime warranty on the installation only.
- This warranty does not cover any damages caused by negligence of homeowner, natural disasters or any alterations to any shutters system not performed by a Lowcountry Hurricane Protection & Shutters representative.
- Manufacturer warranties apply.
- All warranties are limited to the original purchaser.
Lowcountry Hurricane Protection & Shutters offers removable storm panels that provide the most cost-efficient protection against violent winds, flying objects and debris. Storm panels are the most economical alternative to its other more convenient systems.
Our high-quality panels have been engineered to meet the strictest wind codes in the country and have been reviewed and accepted by state building codes.
- Maximum protection for minimal cost.
- Easy storage – storm panels stack nine panels to an inch.
- Steel or aluminum storm panels are available in mill finish.
- Clear Lexan panels are available.
- Will not rust, rot or deteriorate.
- Permanent powder-coated tracks available.
- Hurricane approved for all current building codes.
- Single panels are lightweight.